Last Updated: March 1, 2017
Effective Date: November 1, 2015
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION THROUGH NUTRICIA PROPERTIES
Collection of Personal Information
You can visit and browse NUTRICIA Property without providing personal information about yourself. However, your choice not to provide personal information may impact your ability to participate in or use certain features of a NUTRICIA Property. You may choose to voluntarily disclose personal information about yourself. Personal information is your name, postal address, telephone number, and e-mail address. You may provide us with personal and other information in the following ways:
- Promotional Emails. Through various NUTRICIA Properties, you can request to receive promotional emails from us. We may also ask if you want to receive such promotional emails from us during a sweepstakes or promotion registration process or other features on a NUTRICIA Property. If you want to receive our promotional emails, you will be asked to provide certain personal information and areas of interest so that we can fulfill your request. If you would like to stop receiving such promotional emails, please refer to the opt-out provisions within the email.
- Purchases. When you purchase goods or services through NUTRICIA Properties, you may provide your billing information, credit or debit card number, and other information needed to complete your transaction. NUTRICIA uses third parties for billing and payment processing and your personal and billing information as well as your credit or debit card number will be shared with these third party service providers for billing and payment processing purposes.
- Surveys. Through various Digital Properties, we may request that you complete a survey or questionnaire. We may use this information to personalize your experience and to tailor the content and advertising we provide to you.
- Contacting Us. If you contact us with a question or comment, we may ask for personal information, along with your feedback, so that we can properly address your concern.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In addition to the specific purposes described in this policy, we may use the personal information you provide us for purposes including to respond to your inquires and requests, provide you with information on our products and services and those of third parties that we think may be of interest to you, and for our own business purposes. We may share personal information with our parent, affiliates, and/or subsidiaries for the same purposes. We may also combine this information with other data (e.g., demographic data) provided to us by other companies.
We may use and share your personal information with third parties for purposes including:
- Help us maintain and operate our website (including via third party hosting services) or for other reasons related to the operation of our own business or marketing.
- Ensure any registration process has been properly executed and, if necessary, verify your identity.
- Share this information with our agents and service providers so that they can perform some business function for us (e.g., processing credit card transactions).
- Administer a sweepstake, contest, joint promotion, or other partnership with a third party.
- Complete your purchases and related transactions.
- Contact you with product updates or other promotional notices and information about NUTRICIA and its affiliates.
- Provide relevant online content and advertising.
- Respond to your questions, inquiries, comments and instructions and to retain such requests as part of our consumer affairs database.
- Help prevent fraud or imminent harm and maintain the security and integrity of our systems.
- Monitor online communities or applications.
- Perform research including sharing data with academic institutions to conduct research.
- Aggregate non-personal information (including demographic) with third parties outside of NUTRICIA for marketing purposes.
- Conduct market research and product development.
- Comply with legal process, including an authorized subpoena, governmental request or investigation, or as otherwise required by law.
- Complete a corporate transaction. We may sell, buy, or transfer corporate assets including through a bankruptcy proceeding, and in such transactions information about consumers may be one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the event that our website, company, or substantially all of its assets are merged or acquired including through bankruptcy, personal information may be one of the assets transferred in such an event.
COLLECTION AND USE OF NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you visit a NUTRICIA Property certain information about your visit may be automatically logged, including the Internet Service Provider and IP address through which you access the Internet, the date and time you access our site or applications, mobile device identifier, the pages you access, the Internet address of the website, if any, from which you directly accessed our site, and the location of device used to access a NUTRICIA Property. We use this information to improve your experience, operate our site, for marketing and advertising, and for other operational purposes. We may share this information with our parent, affiliates, and/or subsidiaries for the same purposes.
When you visit NUTRICIA Properties, we may set a "cookie," "pixel," or similar technology on your browser or device. A cookie is a small piece of data that is set on your Web browser that allows websites to distinguish between visitors, analyze traffic patterns through our NUTRICIA Properties, personalize your experience, and for advertising and other purposes.
We also use "pixels," or transparent images, to help manage online advertising. These pixels are provided by our ad management partners. These files enable us or our partners to recognize a cookie on your Web browser, which in turn enables us to learn which advertisements bring users to our website.
Digital Advertising & Choice
If you change computers or browsers, use multiple computers or browsers, devices, delete your cookies, or reset your device ad-identifier, you may need to repeat this process for each computer, device, and browser.
We use Google Analytics and other analytics providers to better understand how visitors interact with NUTRICIA Properties so that we can improve visitors’ experience visiting NUTRICIA Properties. These services provide non-personal information including but not limited to web pages you visit, the date and time of visits, where visitors came from, and where visitors went when they left this site. To learn more about these types of services and how to opt out of data collection by Google Analytics click here.
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES REGARDING OUR PRIVACY PRACTICES.
Children Under Age 13
NUTRICIA Properties are for a general audience and are not intended for use by or targeted to children under the age of 13.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to help secure information.
Third Party Links & Features
NUTRICIA Properties may contain links to other websites, including those of advertisers, social platforms that permit you to log into our Digital Properties (e.g., ‘Connect with Facebook’), or e-commerce vendors. For instance, when you purchase products or subscriptions made available from our Digital Properties, these transactions occur through an e-commerce provider. We may also integrate features provided by other parties including video chatting or conference services. The providers of these features may separately collect data. We are not responsible for the privacy and security practices or the content of other websites, e-commerce providers, or providers of features integrated into NUTRICIA Properties. We encourage you to read the privacy policies provided by other websites and service vendors before you provide personal information to them.
To opt-out of receiving promotional email messages from us, please see the "Choice/Opt-out" section of any e-mail message or see the "Contact Us" section below. We will process your request as soon as commercially feasible. Please note that any request to "opt-out" may still result in us maintaining a copy of your personal information for archival purposes.
Nutricia North America - United States
P.O. Box 117
Gaithersburg, MD 20884
Phone: 301-795-2300 or 1-800-365-7354
Nutricia North America - Canada
Laval, Quebec H7V 4B4
Or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2018 Nutricia North America. All rights reserved.